Monday 30 May 2022

Shop Till You Drop

 Ive had a really odd shopping week , popped to Asda because someone pointed out they were doing Smart Price corned beef , its proper old school corned beef it contains fat and is texturally just right for sandwiches , unlike the grossly overpriced sliced mush you get in packets which is supposedly healthier. The problem is like all the cheap Asda stuff its well hidden and they dont always have it , bottom shelf slid right to the back there was just a single box , it was after 8 at night so hardly any staff about so i climbed down and slid my arm in to grab a few tins , to do this i had to lay on my side on the floor because i was having some if it killed me . Trouble was once i stretched my arm out to get them i was stuck, muscle spasm at the best of times, now all i can do at this point is lay there till it releases, i was there a good 5 minutes as the odd person wandered past just looking at me funny . But thats the thing about ASDA now matter how strange the things you see its best to pretend you have seen nothing and i got up eventually.

Morrisons to take BIL for his eye test , park other half in the cafe , go to get a few bits all heavy big stuff that we havent bought for 3 months , get to the tills and theres only 4 humans and the queues down the shop as no one with an ounce of sense uses their never working  scanner tills . But we were ordered to use the self service , so i got piling it all on the belt as the woman before me had to summon the little dweeb 10 times because it wouldnt scan stuff , the woman across from me was arguing with the little dweeb because the till was charging her more than the prices and offers she had bought she eventually stormed off and left her shopping . It gets to my stuff and the little dweeb shuts the till im on and tells me i will have to move to another till then bogs off , after loading it up and carting it to the queues' down the store  i eventually get served by now its taken 40 minutes !!!  

So then its Farm Foods for all the stuff himself loves , i get the same crap every 3 months and my this weeks bill has risen from 56.00 to 71.00 bleedin hell,  himself goes off his head when i give him the receipt as if its my fault and this was without a few bits they didnt have in . i purposely didnt get any Weetabix !!!
 

6 comments:

  1. You sound like you have had a right mare! What a time to get a muscle spasm. I hope Himself appreciates that prices are going up now. It's getting scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish he did understand but sadly its beyond him

      Delete
  2. This one always knows best-I try to explain how we can stretch the money for meals etc- but oh no-of course not-"I don't like that"- "I don't want that"-" I'm not eating that"Then when I think -bog off and cook it for myself - its "what's that - something smells nice " x

    ReplyDelete
  3. today hes requested cauliflower cheese , im grounded due to no fuel and he spotted the cauliflower i was going to prep for the freezer ...ho hum hope he likes dairylea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prices are rocketing Kate and there's only so far we can squeeze the money in our purses..... we may all have to try having one meal a day like they do in the third world...... Welcome to Britain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad the garden veg is kicking in , even a few radishes and beans are welcome

      Delete