Sunday 1 May 2022

Grim Reaper

So i get a bit of luck and next Covid enters the building , Mr BH decides hes dying we were just glad he lost his voice , i was just glad he didnt cough much . Anyway by Tuesday he has a hissy fit and decides that i need to call 111 because he cant breathe , soft lad was having a panic attack his colour was good and his chest sounded fine and his blood pressure was good , he merely coughed and his cracked ribs that never get better scared him . Now im very fatalistic , hes got dozens of choices of stuff to kill him , a sore throat and a wee cough arent going to do it . But what never crossed his mind was that he had passed it on to me and i promptly slept for 3 days and woke up with every one of my regular shingles sites burning like somebody had tipped acid on them they all turned bright red and angry but have since gone,  all very weird. So what happens when your carer takes to her bed ?  Chaos  , they ran out of pots, there were no ready meals left in the freezer, no washing done . I arose from my crypt ready to kill them . I got a bin bag and shovelled all the pots into it and informed them they could keep a mug and a plate . told them to catch up with the washing and to eat something that resembled food and went back to sleep . woke up this morning feeling reasonable the clean pots have been fished from the bin , son had done his washing but left everybody elses for which he got a rollicking and theyd defrosted a pack of mince . then himself says im sorry but you need to look at the bedroom aaaaarrrrggghhhh  i opened the door to a murder scene himself had one of his epic nose bleeds in his sleep, we have good quality waterproof bedding so that was salvageable but hed ruined a couple of pillows and had sprayed the wall somehow they had tried to clean up but used hot water so its now needs decorating and the carpet needs replacing which i dont have the funds for , i just shut the door and left it im past caring , i was sleeping in the other room so as not to spread it , now son has it ...lifes bleedin great. 

All this time ive managed to keep Covid out of the house and my BIL donated it, he was fine but his son and missus had it AAARRRGGGHHH


6 comments:

  1. Oh Kate, it never rains but it pours, I have nothing to offer but sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear.What a tale of woe.
    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending a hug and hoping you're soon fully recovered x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel panic just reading this-Dearly beloved here over reacts to everything and I just quitely deal with stuff to calm things -but I'm think I would have to lock myself in the bathroom if I had that at yours-I hope you recover soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel for you Kate. Being a carer is one hell of a job and nobody gives a damn about the carer. They all keep asking if he's okay but never bother about asking if I'm alright. I've always kept the ship afloat for many years with his ailments but am coming to the end of my endurance. I just want some peace and quiet on my own sometimes.
    Briony
    x
































    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! what a mess! They need to get themselves together and fuss over you. All that to look at when you're poorly! Take care of yourself. Covid can leave you feeling dragged down and tired for while after. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete