Wednesday 16 March 2016

Thrifty Horrors

You know how i need a little retail therapy to keep me happy , well i went and sat in Trevs saleroom the other day just to get away from the house of horrors and i wasted a whole £5 on a box of strange . Really couldnt afford to do it , so i guess im pretty stressed at the moment .
So what did i buy you ask , well errrr in a fit of insanity I bought a very large box of what he said were dolls . Turns out it isnt just dolls , there was something really scary lurking in the box, 15 clowns , weird china headed clowns at that, the sort of thing that murders you in your sleep!!! Next question. does anyone know anything about clowns, not a field i know anything about , theres a couple of boxed ones that may sell when I get the ebay shop up and running and find a friendly post office..lol 




But underneath the clowns was a little box of Spanish senoritas from the 60s and 70s , dolls im more familiar with , they are all little ones which is unusual , so once again they will eventually end up on ebay . More dollies to come as the week goes on , its a very big box and i needed to get away from reality and post about something i love for a change , i feel as if life is just one big gripe and moan at the moment 

9 comments:

  1. Hope there's some Pippa dolls lurking in the bottom, then you would have something to sing about. I bought a box of these from the car boot last year for ten pounds, more from nostalgia than anything as my daughter used to play with them. I didn't realise how much some of them are worth until I sold them on Ebay.
    Great buy you have there.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alas no pippa dolls , but some very creepy odd stuff indeed

      Delete
  2. Did everyone in the 60s have a set of those dolls dressed in national costume? I did, my favourite was the Indian squaw.
    Spooky clowns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. careful what you wish for Sue , guess whats next out of the box?

      Delete
  3. Blimey those clowns are very scary. Love the dolls though as I remember having something like that when I was little-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see one or two staying , im sure i could squeeze them in somewhere

      Delete
  4. Box of strange? Gotta love that term.

    Clowns - ewwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I predict hours of fun haunting the family with the clowns !! the big kids are freaked by them

      Delete