Monday 18 March 2024

Life

 Why is it the little things in life that really get your goat ?  Hotdogs, you know , the ones in a glass jar they have now gone down to 5 in a jar , what possible use are they ? You get 6 hot dog buns in a pack and if you live with a greedy git like me , thats 4 for him and 1 for you and a bun full of fried onions , shouldnt be a huge thing but its just yet more shrinkage nonsense . We dont even eat them that often ...lol

Mothers Day has come and gone but in a blinding flash i thought id get mother one of those fold out bouquet cards mainly because she wouldnt be able to chuck them at the staff, at worse she could inflict a paper cut . Anyway my cousin visited this weekend and found a pile of cards unopened sat on the side in her room , he opened them all but when he got to the bouquet card she told him to get rid of it , she didnt want paper flowers . One thing i know is that ive never being able to do anything that pleased my mother even tin the days when she had her marbles . I once sent her a bouquet at Christmas and her neighbour found it boxed on top of her dustbin the same day because she didnt want cheap petrol station flowers in her house . They were far from cheap they had cost a weeks grocery money . So if anyone has any suggestions of what i can get her for next months birthday ?  Himself has suggested a stake and a pile of kindling 

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Himself I'm afraid, I don't think you will ever please her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people in Care need slippers, nighties and flannels, boring I know, but useful and not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your post out to my husband, he suggests a hand grenade for your mum! I thought of delicious home made biscuits, laced with paraquat! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am at a loss for suggestions...other than to give her something , label it from one of her favourites and see what her reaction is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bbar na excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete