Monday 6 March 2023

Wooly

 I made a bit of a mistake today and dragged three big laundry bags  of wool into the living room and the warmth. to sort through , himself just sat there gobsmacked . im happily sorting them into weights for my currant non project , which is hundreds of granny squares for no particular project other than using up odds and ends and keeping my hands moving . During covid i found my hands were so painful i couldnt crochet so now im making up for lost time. He has no idea these are just my odds and ends bags and i already have loads of full packs from long ago hidden away . I buy the odd bit of wool at jumbles and carboots but thats for pennies but most of it is given to me or its from clothing ive unraveled from the jumble. I inherit loads from relatives and friends of my daughter all are more prolific garment knitters. She turned up with a big box the other day which is what i was sorting into the bags any that wernt any use she told me to give to charity which was four or five balls of the lumpy or frilly stuff i cant abide to use .  Best find that i forgot about was a marvelous Aran cable cardi thats complete , it came from my son in laws gran a knitter of merit years ago. i have claimed it not to unravel but to wear...lol ... Its really a good job i dont do 'on trend' in any shape or form .

A friend says whatever i do dont start making twiddle muffs every wrinkly home in the country is infested with them , but garden season starts in the next few weeks so all i will be doing shortly is trying to cripple myself outside and jumble season may well mean i gain yet more wool...lol

8 comments:

  1. I hang my head in shame. I'm guilty of knitting a box full of twiddle muffs for a local care home. In me defence they were requested. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. daughter started doing hats and boots for the baby unit , they received over 800 in a week when they asked online

      Delete
    2. What is a twiddle muff?

      Delete
  2. My new word today: twiddle muff. 🧶

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the ??? are twiddle muffs - still screaming over what you've been writing - just found your blog today and have decided I should start at the befinning... Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome ...twidle muffs are hand muffs for dementia patients with different textures and objects to feel , helps to keep their hands occupied

      Delete
  4. maybe I mean beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always used to aim for no more than a penny per gram of yarn, but that's impossible in shops these days, especially since Marriners Yarns shut down. It sounds like fun - I love a good rummage with yarn.

    ReplyDelete