Friday 22 July 2022

Mornin

 Well im still getting over the wild partying for my birthday LOL . I was officially 59 the other day and i was amazed i got 3 cards !! much appreciated , i may add . My daughter turned up and we ventured to Boston for a look round the vast array of charity shops . we had parked himself by crutch power on the war memorial steps so he could watch the world go by under the huge trees with a large drink and then abandoned him to his fate , he was quite chuffed he kept getting little old ladies come to chat with him . I managed to find a top, a couple of obscure books that are local history related and interesting to me and a half dozen dolly knitting patterns from the 50s . Which is more than ive found in months on my travels . Then in the afternoon it was a trip to the Kinema in the woods to watch Elvis , daughter was horrified it was in the tiny cinema and it was only half full with us wrinklies , shes no Elvis fan either, but it was a really good film and she enjoyed it as well . So a really good birthday and in bed for 10 . 

But it also made me decide that the Kinema with its air con is the best place to be in a heatwave and can anyone answer the question why do my hands drip sweat when nowhere else does once it gets to 40 degrees ?

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good birthday. My elbow joints ooze sweat as soon as I get warm.. It's only a fairly recent thing.so goodness knows why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. random sweaty spot disorder? may be the menopause or my age

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a Happy Birthday Year-Sounds like you had a good day - I've no idea about your hands though -it's mainly my chest and back that gets sweaty-my hands stay dry-I'm happier now we've had rain today here x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we had a couple of 30 second blasts today that was it, havent had real rain for over 6 weeks , the trees and bushes are getting very wilted and dead

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday 1963 baby snap.Glad you were able to escape the heat.My hot flushes start at the back of my knees,that and arthritis not so bad.We’ve had to water the garden,or lose it,used bath water as now on a water meter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been known to go to the pictures to see the air conditioning before.

    ReplyDelete