Monday 23 August 2021

Why

 So lets talk about the shocking shit show that is Afghanistan ...where to begin ? im sick of finding that people that i think of as online friends are ranting on that we cant take more refugees , we should look after our own first , yes we should but they dont want to look after anybody so whats new . Maybe a few of the vast number of MPs of all parties who own rental properties and second homes could find a bit of space? Mr Blair being one of the worst offenders . They forget thats there is a whole wedge of the population who have served in Afghanistan at some point in the last 20 years, they dont forget their debts to the Afghans who helped them survive out there .  I dont care whos fault this war is bloody politicians are just into wars for the vast profits they make for the people who slip them a backhander , maybe somebody should compile a list of who has been paid by armaments companies or worked for them before they became MPs?  Then we have the MP for Israel , whos parents came here from Uganda , she hasnt a ounce of empathy for any member of the human race . The Taliban may make a credible government eventually , there is that heavy religious cult element  but among them is a younger generation who like decent trainers and the latest AK47 ,they haven t all been holed up in a cave for 20 years , theres a lot  of internet savvy younger folks .  When you think we have spent 20 years and many lives interfering in a country that is famous for beating the Russians and now us and the USA , just because of its vast mineral wealth alone they will have to drag themselves onto the world stage with some resemblance of democracy. They have what everyone wants , they want trainers and AK47s so time will tell . 

5 comments:

  1. I'm nodding in agreement here Kate. Get those poor souls to safety. How many hotels have closed due to covid. I'm sure the government could home those poor people in the thousands of empty rooms. I'd gladly make a regular donation to support the refugees as would many thousands of ordinary decent folk here in blighty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an American. Lots of folks over here bitched about sending and spending money overseas. This whole “I got mine, f..you” attitude really grates.
    All of my European ancestors were…immigrants and so were everyone else’s over here. I guess we forget. I thought we were supposed to help each other? I see a whole lot of entitlement going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afghanistan is a place no-one can win. At some point (in far distant future) there will be better days, but in the meantime the ordinary folk, women, children, hardworking farmers, will suffer. My great grandfather was killed in Stalin's gulak, all my grandparents were refugees during WWII. I'm willing to give up some of mine to help others, but alone I'm not enough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in shock and feel panic about it x

    ReplyDelete