Sunday 3 April 2016

Jumble Season

So i have a whole week of no lunches because ive spent a whole £5 at the jumble sales yesterday . Really went quite mad i think , Birchwood Scout Hut Cats in Crisis yielded some very nice very heavy and lined red curtains for the big front window , they were on my summer car boot sale list  and cost a whole £2 . The old ones can be washed and go in the next one to get a flat box .


Rather nice petit point evening bag that should clean up really well , resale value very low , thats my excuse for keeping it , 50p . Junk jewellery lucky bag 75p this has bits  of stuff that will go to the car boot , plus it had a couple of gems for my collection , I really can spot a Miracle Brooch at a thousand paces, gilt toned with an agate stone , not one i already have. Plus a silver fake pearl swirly  effort that is growing on me marked Canada .

Then i fitted a bit of work in and drove home via Poterhamworth Booths for a Scout Jumble Sale and Auction , They were practically giving stuff away , so ive acquired 2 big Pyrex roasters one for me and one for the next one to get a flat box , also a large new John Lewis wok , I did kill mine . The auction was hilarious , run by a pair of elderly gentleman , who had no idea what they were selling . Everything was £1 or even 50p . Just a few tools fetched more . If I had storage I could have acquired loads . But I stopped for the giggle.
I even bought what i thought was a gorgeous flowery Joe Brown summer dress , to be told by my daughter , that really isnt you its too girly . Sometimes I just give up , I forget that all my adult life ive had people accuse me of being a bad transexual , comment on how manly i am etc etc .
Maybe thats why i collect little bits of beautiful on my travels , to make up for the fact that it would be money wasted on me . ....oops that does sound rather negative , but really im quite accepting of what life has given me , it gets me from A to B and its better than the alternative

8 comments:

  1. Your shopping venture sounds like such fun. That little purse is fabulous! The weather has been quite warm here in Aiken, S.C. lately. That is, until this morning. I love to go thrifting, but I have been itching to get out to some of what we call "yard sales." Hope you will have lunches, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean , it's now car boot season but this morning it was APril showers , glorious sunshine now , you just can't win..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great excitement here in the teeny bungalow --- Scout Hut round the corner - Jumble sale 23rd - Yah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Sue , you know there had to be a positive somewhere

      Delete
  4. I didn't bother with Stickney this week, there was rain and I am a fair weather booter. However I did go to a rummage sale at Church, not at all what I expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep dropping non subtle hints about Stickney , they're not listening...lol

      Delete
  5. From Margie in Toronto - I swear that I have that same swirly brooch with the pearl - and I live in Canada! Can't believe the low prices you find!
    I've been having a clear out of my basement storage space and putting stuff aside to donate to a friend's church jumble sale in June - wish I could send you some things. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im told the swirly brooch is by Sarah Coventry, they dont have big value but are a nice 50s 60s item

    ReplyDelete