Thursday, 17 September 2026

The Point

 im becoming a more miserable git by the day , grocery prices being one of my pet peeves . I was in the butchers the other day and he said i havent seen you lately , so i told him what he probably didnt want to hear , I just cant afford what you sell very often only as a treat , I cant pay £8 each for a decent humanely reared pork chop , his meat is beautiful and tasty but not within my budget anymore . He still charged me £17 for two slices of chine and a small haslet once hed picked his jaw off the floor . Its bad when the local butchers is a tourist attraction and the serfs can afford little he sells

2 comments:

  1. When we were away in the Yorkshire Dales, DH paid £1.85 for a tin of Heinz soup. It's not that long ago that I was waiting for the usual pre-winter sale to stock up on them at 50p each! And that's just the processed stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its becoming a tad surreal out there food wise

      Delete