Monday 19 February 2018

Party On

Sorry for the absence , we were in the Caribbean on a cruise , we just popped down the tattoo shop for Mr to have a full back tattoo of Theresa Mays face with thank you and a halo above it then we started smoking, got drunk    did some drugs and bought a takeaway...the shop that is !!
Have you guessed im kidding yet or are you friends with my mother? ..lol
Please try not to laugh at this sorry DWP story that I couldnt make up . Now the day after my last post Mr Bah Humbug was doing his endless checking of his bank account he checks it at least 4 times a day its a symptom of the mental health problems he has . Now hes on the internet as the clock turns midnight because hes in agony and isnt sleeping well at all . Next think I know hes gasping and trying to reach his spray as im reaching for the phone to dial 999 , yep a big angina attack a two sprayer as he charmingly calls them .
Dont phone he manages to gasp out , theyve been in my bank account again . Of course i assumed theyd took a load out from the back  PIP money hed been paid .
I calmed him down his heart rate settles , hes asking for a cuppa because his spray tastes awful and im telling him it doesnt matter weve survived this long etc etc etc .
He turns his puter round and says take a look , I look and nearly fell through my knicker leg , they had dropped every penny of the year long ESA refusal into his bank account on the stroke of midnight with no warning , no letter no anything .
He then chimes up with ....well at least you would have had the money to pay for my funeral !! with a beaming grin on his face.
Have we partied ? nope we have had oranges 2 weeks on the trot though ...lol ...plus we dont have to worry about the fuel for his endless hospital trips , he bought himself some bulbs for a radio he wants to do up  and a cross stitch for me ive been after for ages .
Our caseworker is horrified , she says we have survivor guilt and shouldnt just sit here , but at the moment i just feel totally numb .....

24 comments:

  1. Blimey Kate, no wonder you don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm guessing you must feel wary about spending anything, just in case they take it away again or it all turns out to be a dream! So happy for you, but the fact that you've been put through all this for the past year or more is just terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - next thing you will be getting begging letters!! I'm not surprised it is having this kind of effect on you, the disbelief at receiving it , and the fear of it being taken away again. It will take time to sink in, after all the stress and struggles, but you will get there.
    I am so glad for you. I hope Mr Bah Humbug is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good God! THEY have whipsawed you every way but loose. Happy for you but can’t help but wonder what would have happened if you didn’t have the emotional resources and savy to live thru the really lean times.
    Best,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you Kate but I can understand your reluctance to start spending and it must be a really strange feeling.
    Hopefully you will soon get used to it and I wish you every happiness for every single penny. You deserve it after your dreadful experiences.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased for you Kate, but totally understand your reticence in spending it....just in case they do change their mind yet again. Loved your phrase "nearly fell through my knicker leg", undoubtedly it's that sense of humour that has got you through your trials and tribulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been reading for a while, so freaking happy for all and hope it brings relief from some of the stress. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled for you. Oranges two weeks on the trot...I do hope they were yellow sticker LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God for that news. So pleased someone got something right for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done. I hope you spend some stocking your larder long term as you have that UniCredit to face this year! I do think your case should be given to Frank Field's ministerial review of PIP assessments by these people. It sounds worse than any I have heard quoted so far. perhaps excluding the one where the asked the claimant when did her daughter catch Cerebral Palsy??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! So glad you didn't have to cal 999! I certainly understand your reluctance to "go mad" - and that is commendable - but I think TrishWish is right in recording that you stock your larder and perhaps buy some "gift cards" for things like food, petrol & utilities if possible - just as a hedge against future hassle. Enjoy the oranges! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well about bloody time, I'm so glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Champagne and caviar for tea???? :-) You won't know what to do with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo hoooooo! About blooming time. Glad you didn't have to call 999 in the end. Enjoy the oranges. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am delighted for you! What you have experienced is truly a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am delighted for you! What you have experienced is truly a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hoo-bloody-ray! Cruise, champagne, bastard massive tattoo - it's your money, do what you like with it. I would. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. At long last. You deserve every bloody penny and you certainly deserve to treat yourselves to something.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is the best news I've heard in a very long time. I'm only sorry you've had to endure this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kate, I am so happy and relived, about bloody time. Oranges, just imagine .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really happy for you , Like vix said its your money, Hopefully when the shock subsides you will treat yourself, No treat is going to make up for what you both have gone through but i would definitely have a huge treat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. With everyone else!. Stock up the cupboards!. Buy some savings stamps in co op tesco or wherever, as a safety net for if times get hard. They are valid for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete