Wednesday 18 January 2017

Take A Deep Breath

So Young Baldrick has left the building !!!!! step back and take a deep breath and relax .
Deposited him yesterday in a homeless refuge in Lincoln , it cost me money I had to pay 2 weeks rent up front .
Then I found out the reason his dad wouldnt let him bring his stuff into the house , while  unloading it all at the shelter i find that he has bags of clothes and endless electronics,  game consoles and even an electric guitar and amp , but no household belongings at all . Everything he was given he had thrown in a skip because he wouldnt need it anymore???  If I had known before I paid his wretched rent , I would have marched him down to Cash Converters and made him sell the lot !!!
This shiny new hostel gives them flats with everything in , so the little shite has been playing us yet again , this is where he wanted to live but theyd told he couldnt move here at his last placement  .
As you may have guessed id quite like to ram his Yankee Candle Collection somewhere painful at the moment . The atmosphere is a little frosty at the moment , he even tried to sting his dad for food , when were short after paying his rent !!!
On the strange front , Mr Bah Humbug now has a case worker as well because we had to be assessed as a family due to Young Baldrick , seems very nice, they seem appalled at our financial situation and what we actually manage to live on .  Even more appalled that he wants to work with a potentially life threatening condition , he loves his couple of hours a week at college but it is as much as he can manage . We showed them the paperwork for his ESA medical and the one 3 days previous that he was awarded PIP for and as she said this cant be for the same person .
Theyre going to look into things...I wish them luck .
Work is its usual shambles , theyd like me to go full time to Hull , cant I just move there ? Not quite that simple with a disabled partner who eats more of my time everyday , plus the never ending childcare for my daughter . The Young Baldrick saga that leaps out of the closet everytime everything looks up and then theres my mother ..
Mother dearest went to the doctors with the coughing lurgy doing the rounds . They wanted to admit her to hospital because it turned out to be pleurisy , but there were no beds available so she was sent home with antibiotics and an appointment for the community nurse , they did send her home in an ambulance car however. She didnt plan  to mention any of this but she was grassed up by email from my cousin . So I ring Her
Were you planning on telling me you ill?

No , Im Fine

You sound dreadful so your not fine are you?

Theyre making a fuss over nothing , I went shopping today .

She had gone out for bread and milk on the bus because the weather forecast gave snow and gales !!
So she missed the community nurse , if a neighbour hadnt  come out and told her shed been seen at the bus stop the nurse was going to ring the police for them to break in!!

She is now considerably worse , whinging for england because shes run out of Whisky to ease her cough and wants me to go and nurse her , but ive pointed out I cant do home visits on both sides of the Pennines..AARRRGGHHHHH

5 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed that YB is off your hands for at least a while so you can take a breath.
    Hope all the other things get sorted soon too

    ReplyDelete
  2. YB is really playing you and not a bit gratefull , I don't know how you resist kicking him up the you know what . Hopefully he has departed now .

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new follower here. So much of what you write reminds me of my Social Work days!As a new follower I don't know what "Baldricks" problems are, but I have just finished reading "Mum can you lend me twenty quid?" by Elizabeth Burton-Philips (which is about how a family is affected by drugs) and felt for a family getting into debt for a loved child.
    Chin up and look after YOU first or nobody gets your valuable help.
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think YOU need a rest and a caregiver! God Bless ya! It sure isn't easy being a daughter, wife, stepmom, employee and all the other roles you fill. Take care of yourself first!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete