Saturday 29 October 2016

The X Word

The Original Working title for this post was ..Get Your Tits Out Tressy but then after my first cuppa that didnt seem quite such a good idea .
I do feel im rather neglecting the blog at the moment , but this being a 6 week month one of the vagaries of my job , ive run out of money for fuel to go to work and dont get paid till Friday ..ho hum . Give it another month till I get to see if all the extra work has paid off at all , it costs me £25 a day in fuel to work in Hull plus bridge fees of £3 but saying that it cost me £25 for a day of coastal tour ,involving Boston, skegness, Mablethorpe and all the little villages in between . I worked endless hours in August and they paid me £35 for fuel .
So on to the good stuff , last week Mr BH was watching the evening local news and it had come up with armed police at a local address , arrests etc . Try not to laugh , it was his brothers house!!! We still havent a clue what has being going on , but bear in mind this is the brother that asked us where he could get a cheap cooker as he needed to cook some ketamine . Mr BH chimes up with , at least he should be out to take me fishing in the spring..lol
Then theres that X word , its getting to the season I loath, Commercial Xmas , the xmas heads are getting their  vibe on , we should give a prize for the first xmas earrings spotted.  But what can I say the cheap mass produced turkey is sat in the freezer , just because Farmfoods were selling them off from Easter ..
The other morning being half term , I was forced to sit through children's TV with the munchkin , talk about consumer driven , it was just advert after advert for cheap tacky rubbish that you must buy , I notice theyve been forced to include the actual price in the advert in small hidden print , but yet again thats a bit of a con , because its the RRP price , so you can convince yourself when its cheaper in Asda youve got a bargain . Do people really fall for this ?
Poundland keeps running out of toys , is this a sign this year is going to be an austerity xmas for a lot more people . But for those of us that remember circling all the toys in the catalogue at Xmas hoping that your parents got the hint its not that different, we asked for everything but were happy with what we actually got .  Kids arent daft , tell them your skint its better than running up debt trying to please other people who you can never please
 Case in point the recent auction haul included a whole box of unused xmas gifts bought for granny , ive now got enough posh Xmas socks to last for years , everybody who came to the house has a new umbrella. Xmas jumpers galore , lots of new in packet damart clothing , tons of unused hankies , smellies etc etc etc .
So heres a little look at xmas past , Scary Spice doll now worthless and Tressy from the 70s not so worthless .


4 comments:

  1. I think the real meaning of Christmas has been lost. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that all this driving around the county for work will be worthwhile and you will get a decent wage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you all the way on B Christmas, I hate it and at my age it seems like it happens every 3 months, lol
    I wish we had auctions like you down here but ours are usually so called antique c***.
    Just getting ready to go to the last country car boot of the year right now, hope to get some last minute bargains, then we have to wait until March for the start of the next lot, boo hoo.
    Talking of Ketamine, I've seen the results of that close up when we had the Grandson living with us, not a pretty sight.
    Have a good weekend
    Broiny
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit ive seen a few teenagers on Ketamine , they usually enjoy it so much they pee themselves , very big and attractive

      Delete