Monday 17 October 2016

On The Naughty Step

I went to a sale on Saturday and now im in the doghouse ...lol
I had to ring home to ask for the van and it was still full of all of Mr Bah Humbugs fishing gear , it generally lives there all summer and he was only saying the other day he needed the boys to put it away for him , there was no rush , I didnt have to pick up till Monday , but as men do hes got a bit of a monk on with me . Its not just that , i'm supposed to be running everything down for the builders coming at the end of the month .
But hey the sale was cheap , what can I say , so today we went to pick up and filled the van to the roof , he was so mardy he wanted everything out of the van today , so ive had a fun time in the sunshine and biting wind . Ive had to be quite ruthless, mainly due to lack of storage , so heres the first couple of lots .


Loads of weird wool , two big bags  . Lots of part wool cones . And a mystery box of what looks like rather grubby balls of string , its not its multi threaded cotton something but im not sure of its purpose ...ideas anyone ?




Then I sort of bought a load of toys , OK maybe theres a few dolls in there , a lonely Tressy and a few little friends , but theres also a Sindy caravan and stables , lots of Sindy furniture , tons of Sindy accesories , loads of dolls clothes ...etc etc . There was a load of modern toys as well that are going to the charity shop


, this will take forever to sort out and clean  , so i may have to hide it ...lol
But ive been ruthless the vans half full with stuff to go to the charity shop , at least till my daughter comes home and says the van contents are stuff that will sell ...lol

9 comments:

  1. I think the box of thread is for crocheting with a smaller needle. I think my grandmother used a similar thread for tatting. If it's cotton, could be crocheted into dish rags, possibly. Mind you, I do not knit or crochet - it just looked somewhat familiar to what I use to buy and send my grandmother. Ranee )MN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me of punch craft thread

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. It looks like cotton crochet thread for using when making doily's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope it's large balls of multiple separate threads

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Never thought of that....a distinct possibility

      Delete
  4. Lots of treasures for sure!
    Happy sorting :-)
    diane @ thoughts&shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. daft little measures take your mind off a lot of things , he goes fishing...lots ..And I buy junk

      Delete