Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Year of The Lurgy

So 2016 is turning into the year of staring into the toilet bowl and thinking ..I must put more descaler down there . Just nicely got settled down from my xmas bout and im at it again , still feeling sorry for myself 4 days later , battered and bruised inside. One of the joys of abdominal surgery is the adhesions that can form afterward , the only time mine give me trouble is when im sick , so im hobbling round with a tummy thats bloated to 9 months pregnant and waiting for the inevitable revolting deflation , its going well as i can now keep the pills down...lol Though Mr Bah Humbug was a little horrified the other night when he spotted my belly button had shifted to the right by six inches , he should have seen me when i was pregnant many moons ago , my lump was totally lob sided ..lol
He once asked me what the problem was with my belly button , its sort of a mangled crater at its best , it got an infection after the fourth laparoscopy and it well ...it fell out , they patched it up as best they could its functional i suppose , though once your born why we need it baffles me ,a friend who has Crohns  asked her surgeon to remove hers when he was tidying up her scars , she thinks it would be an an ace trick to whip her top up at parties and show shes an alien ?
I suppose spectacular ill health once your over it gives you a rather tainted view of the medical profession , im afraid i avoid them like the plague , its not helped by the weird conversations you can have with them . Many moons ago i fainted at work and they insisted that i go to hospital it was 3am and they had quite obviously just got the teenage zombie out of bed who was masquerading as the on call surgical junior .
Appendicitus
 Think not sunshine , long gone
Mmm Gallstones
Try again no gallbladder
Mmm could be a blockage xray

one xray later
Did you know theres quite a lot missing in there ?
Staff Nurse . Have you tried reading the notes?

No comments:

Post a Comment