Wednesday 19 January 2022

Meanderings

Still pondering the meaning of my life and getting nowhere ..lol  So todays is starting out as one of those days . Himself has arisen with one of his epic nosebleeds . So the day wont be going to any plan . Hes as mardy as his arse and keeps shouting at me because i wont let him go back upstairs and i have the washer on and the noise stops him thinking ,?  The ambulance folks have instructed me he must stay downstairs when he starts bleeding in case he yet again hemorrhages and collapses , plus if i keep popping in i can monitor how much hes lost rather than him craftily chucking the full jugs down the loo and pretending hes fine .  The paramedics and ambulance folks that come from EMAS are a lovely bunch and they have showed me how to deal with him . H has the proper plastic nose clips that i bought a box of from Amazon because like so many things the NHS doesnt supply them anymore . But he just gets angrier and angrier like a toddler whos thwarted . So currently he hates me . To be fair weve just had a bit of an annoying shitter of a week , endless petty annoyances . Brother in laws family have all got Covid  , Son in law has got Covid , Son has got Covid ,so hes seen no one and hes stressing.  Then he had a GP appointment yesterday cancelled yet again because there was no GP, but the call came just as he was sat deicing the car so that set him spluttering again . Its a fact that the more he gets annoyed the more likely the epic nosebleeds are and the worse the nosebleeds the more likely he is to end up in the back of an ambulance sat outside casualty because they have to monitor his heart . Its all a bit daft but Covid means they cant admit him and they cant cauterize his nose. So we will be running this hamster wheel for god knows how long .  So the meaning of life is pretty pointless at the moment. on a plus note they have pointed it out hes gaining points on the jump start pacemaker fitting list That the consultant pointed out he needs but he cant meet the criteria yet because he hasnt had his heart stop long enough for it to be classed as a heart attack!! 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, it doesn't sound like much has changed in the few months I've been missing. Its the one thing that worries me when it comes to moving again which I will have to this year, as I currently have a great Doctor and a brilliant practice. But I won't be able to afford to stay her. Tania x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, reading yours and a few other blogs (Briony's eg) always puts my little problems into perspective. I'm full of admiration for how you cope, Kate. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between you and "Hard Up Hester" - the two of you are saints when it comes to dealing with ill hubbies. Not sure how you cope - I don't think that I could. I can understand postponing knee or hip surgery (even though they do impact peoples' loves) but for someone with a heart condition who has repeated issues like this - it just boggles my mind.
    Hope that neither of you comes down with Covid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. living in the bog end of nowhere does have one advantage

      Delete
  4. I have been wondering how you were-I know he has serious health problems which must be awful for him but it really isn't fair on you-I suffer similarly but not so severely I believe-It is very difficult but I try not to take it personally and occasionally call the Nhs for advice and sometimes I ask "would you like me to get you assistance?"x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother likes to cheer me up by telling me to put a pillow over his head and go and look after her instead

      Delete
  5. Sending hugs. I hope it settles down soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It beggars belief doesn't it, sometimes life is just shit. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im just glad that hes fairly lucid at the moment , im not so sure about me ...lol

      Delete
  7. Shame we don't live closer we would have so much in common to moan about. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lost without them, lost with them.

    ReplyDelete