Monday 28 November 2016

50p To Make Me Happy

Popped into the Bridge Community Venue for a cuppa this morning and what do they have in? An awful lot of 60s and70s childrens books hidden among the new stuff . So I just had to buy 50ps worth didnt I , there was lots of enid blyton , famous five , mallory towers etc etc . But there was this one that a lot of people forget about . Brer Rabbit famous from the much maligned Disney movie Song of the South that the political police dont allow them to reissue . Theres still a pile of obscure titles sat there



Then there was a few more Biggles paperbacks , I usually build a pile and then ebay them , I was a Biggles and Just William child I also loved the Willard Price adventure books .


There was just one solitary Ladybird so it was needed to make up my 50p , but there was so many good books from that era , Mary Poppins , Jennings , Pony books and many more


4 comments:

  1. What wonderful vintage book finds, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that Brer Rabbit book too from when I was a child and I have very rarely seen them on my searches. What great finds. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried selling on ebay..... is it really worth all the faff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is . sometimes it isnt . But its money in your pocket for the most strange things

      Delete