Wednesday 28 September 2016

The Good , The Bad & the Ugly

Lets start with the good , we had a visit from the council surveyor today about the adaptions for disability they are fitting , it seems we are now getting a wet room to replace the bath a new loo that isnt where Mr Bah Humbug will burn his leg in a winter due to it resting against the radiator in fact he looked at it then said  "has this ever been replaced since they built the house" nope its still from the 50s they just put in a plastic bath at some stage long ago probably the 70s , apparently this means they have to totally gut it and fit all new and tile the damned place because they are supposed to do this every 30 years and this house has never had a single thing done to it in the 20 years that we know of apart from upvc single glazing when a window fell out , its also supposed to be double glazed but they cant do them again . I pointed out the ceiling collapsing downstairs under the bathroom , the fact the stoptap has never worked and theyve been out umpteen times sucked their teeth and walked away from both the jobs, he brought up why the kitchen has never been replaced since god knows when . Its our fault for looking after things he said , if you wreck it all they have to replace it on health and safety grounds . He was also very impressed with the water tank replacement for the hot water tank , it seems they have used a toilet tank because they were to lazy to fit a full size tank and thats why it takes forever to run a bath and why we need endless new water heaters . the work is scheduled to take a week and should start sometime in October .
The bad once again theyre asking us where the downstairs toilet has gone , they took it out before we moved in because it kept freezing up and you didnt need two toilets in a house with only two people . Hes going to look into it ...lol
The Ugly was a trip to Lincoln Hospital with Young Baldrick , I had to pick him up on the Sunday and when I went to pick him up he smelled like a ferret and looked like a feral druggie . This lead to a small disagreement outside his housing scheme . and him coming home with me in a foul mood hugging all his laundry and with the windows wide open in the rain . Mr Bah humbug had arranged a fishing trip with his dad and brother by strange coincidence.
I just got him home ordered him to bath and pick the smelliest products in the bathroom , while i washed all he owned . He had a huge tea and slept on the sofa with a face like hed sucked a wasp . The hospital trip to orthopedics degenerated into a bit of a battle , he can be hard work when hes stressed , he just kept telling me in a very loud voice that he wanted to stab people and fffing and blinding the whole time , I had to apologise to three waiting rooms of older people and explain he has ASD which didnt go down well as he hates people knowing . He was racially offensive to the young Polish xray technician , so that by the time we actually saw the doctor he was getting very close to a major dressing down .
You should have seen his face when the doctor was so huge he had to duck to get through the door and to make matters even better was very well spoken and black as pitch .  It seems that his wrist is still broken after 18 months he then started a whole rant about getting a solicitor with much more ffing and blinding , the Dr raised his eyebrow and looked at me, so i pointed out that been as he was to stoned to do anything most of the time and couldnt remember anything accurately from day to day it was more than likely his own fault , I also told the Dr about his ASD and that he is supposed to be taking anti psychotic medication .
Talk about an atmosphere he didnt speak to me all the way home to his housing scheme , we'd picked up Mr Bah Humbug up by then and even he commented on the deathly silence
I think I may be off his xmas list either that or ive changed to his stabbing list ...ho hum

9 comments:

  1. Dear god Katie, every time I think my life is going to hell in a hand basket, I read your blog and it makes me realise all I need is a kick up the bum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Glad you are getting a new bathroom and maybe a decent water heater. Sounds like this surveyor chappie is a keeper.

      Delete
    2. We are merely surrounded by infidels and idiots , but saying that I'm just glad that we may get some of the longstanding jobs done,it's amazing what a bit of social service intervention can achieve

      Delete
  2. I am thrilled to hear that you are getting some modifications done, lets hope that this is the start of better things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your ability to be so matter of fact in the face of all your responsibilities. I hope the wet room installation is successful and more accesible for DHs needs. Getting an adult to take medication is a big challenge and my cousin who was finally diagnosed as having schitzophrenia some 30 years ago does not always take his medication. The results are sad, scary and downright dangerous sometimes but unless he agrees to stop drinking/smoking dope then medication is worthless to him. His late mother used to say, when people critisised his behaviour, that a child was for life not just for a short time. Take care. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with a child is for life idea , I will always mother those I birthed and those I helped raise as my children forever no matter how bad their life choices .

      Delete
  4. I admire your stoicism I myself, am a screamer! It has never served me well.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive never been known to raise my voice in anger , but its a good job some people cant read minds

      Delete